ARBOIS PINOT NOIR VIGNES DE SORBIEF
Several generations have been necessary to patiently built one of the largest and greatest estates in the area, focused on key appellations such as Château-Chalon, l’Étoile and Arbois. The Domaine MAIRE & Fils covers nowadays 234 hectares of vines producing all the area grapes varieties.
The parcel is located in the west of the Domaine and to the southwest of the Arbois village on a lovely hill overlooking the famous “Route des vins du Jura” (the Jura wine road) RN 83:
- Facing due south
- Average age of vines : 17 years (1999)
- Soils: marls and limestones with fossil shells.
- Limpid dress, with a beautiful, very intense ruby red colour.
- Pleasant nose, straight and fine, with small wild berry hints, revealing aromas of fruit.
- The mouth is round, supple, velvety and greedy with almost unpredictable tannins and a very present fruit.
Serve ideally at a temperature of 15-16°C (59-61 °F) with grilled or roasted meats, a fine piece of beef, dishes cooked and marinated, or in accompaniment of a great plate of French cheeses!
5 to 6 years.